Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
4 eggs, room temperature
1-1.5 cups milk (organic, coconut, almond or other milk alternative)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey or a pinch/few drops stevia
½ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey or stevia.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated. May take some effort to mix, as it can be clumpy with the eggs and coconut flour combining.
- Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook on the 1st side for 2-3 minutes and/or until you see bubbles start to appear and stay open on the surface.
***Before flipping to the second side, you may sprinkle/press-in nuts, seeds, blueberries, dark chocolate chips, banana slices, dried fruit or other filling.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on the 2nd side.
- Serve hot with almond butter or organic peanut butter, organic pasture butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.