These Ginger Cacao Coconut Protein Balls can be part of your daily breakfast with a healthy high-fat coconut protein smoothie (https://kuintegrativepediatrics.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/more-smoothies/)
1. 1/2 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate (72% and above)
2. 9 slices of crystallized ginger
3. 1/4 cup coconut butter (melted with coconut oil) or may use 1/4 cup almond flour/coconut flour
4. 1/3 cup sesame seeds
5. 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
6. 3/4 cup hazelnuts
7. 1/3 cup water
8. 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
9. 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1. This part is easy: Just throw all the seeds, nuts, chocolate, ginger into a food processor.
2. Then add the 1/3 cup water and cinnamon.
3. slightly melt the coconut butter and the coconut oil and add it in to food processor
4. Roll up into balls onto a piece of parchment paper and refrigerate for up to two hours prior to eating!!
And PLEASE PLEASE Let me know if you have any suggestions or other protein balls that you would like to add to the recipe list!! I’d love to create new recipes and share them!