More research is showing that environmental chemicals are disrupting hormones, immunity, and nervous system in children. Parents are starting to ask questions what they can do to prevent their kids from exposure without going overboard.
FOOD: Foods that are nutrient dense (think vibrant vegetables and fruits, grass-fed and free-range meats, raw nuts and seeds) provide the vitamins and minerals that help you detoxify every day. It’s that simple.
1. Avoid pre-packaged and processed foods
2. Buy Local and Organic when possible
3. Reduce intake of large fish (i.e. tuna, swordfish)
1. Avoid plastic containers when possible
2. Filter water with reverse osmosis (most good reverse osmosis filters can be installed in your kitchen – can buy from your local hardware store).
In the Kitchen:
1. Avoid chemical treated pans and Use stainless steel, cast iron, porcelain (provided that there isn’t toxins in the paint in ceramic/porcelain dishes)
2. Use Glass storage containers instead of plastic
Home and Garden:
1. Of all the tips, this is the most IMPORTANT: Avoid pesticides, insecticides, fungicides and weed killers.
2. Change furnace filter monthly if possible
3. Avoid new carpeting or chemical cleaners on carpet
4. Keep home ventilated, open windows when possible
5. Use ionizer and Hepa air purifiers
6. Avoid cleaning chemicals and use DIY vinegar/baking soda cleaner or good brands are seventh generation and meter’s.
7. Buy Low VOC Paints
Personal Care Products and Hobbies:
1. Avoid Parabens, Phthalates, and BPA in your lotions, makeup, and haircare products
2. Avoid fragrance, perfumes
Please add any comments or other tips that you might find in your home useful!!